The holiday season typically means lots of family, friends, food and of course presents. For criminals though, the holiday season has a whole different meaning. It’s an opportunity to break into homes and steal gifts, money and whatever electronics they can find. Last year alone, over 1.6 million homes were broken into. About 300,000 of those cases were home invasions, which means that one or more household members were present at the time of break-in and were victims of violent crimes.
Here’s a few tips on what you can do to minimize your risk. When it comes to home security, the best defense is a good defense.
- Safety and Security Window Film-Price varies. Call A Solar Solution 303-567-2834.
Installing LLumar Safety and Security Window Film is an excellent way to lower your risk of break-ins’. Typical window film is about 2 millimeters thick. Security window films come in thicknesses ranging from 4 millimeters to 14 millimeters. The way that security film works is that it holds glass together in the event of a break-in. By doing so, it delays criminals from gaining entry into your home. In most cases the criminal actually gives up and leaves or is apprehended by law enforcement.
- Wireless Network Camera-About $83
- Pet-Immune Motion Detectors-About $20
- Driveway Alarm-About $68
- Electronic Guard Dog-About $90
- Imitation Security Camera-About $22
- Fake TV-About $30
- Fingerprint Keyless Entry Lock-About $600
- Mobile Photo Apps-Typically free download with interactive membership.
- Cross-Bar Police Lock-About $179
- High Tech Peephole-About $100
- Home Security System-Starts at about $38/month
- Motion- Sensor Floodlight-About $38
- Backup Power Supply-About $1,800
If you would like more information on LLumar Safety and Security Window Films, call A Solar Solution Window Tinting & Films of Denver at 303-567-2834.